It is a good idea to have the following ready;
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all persons involved including any witnesses
- The circumstances of the claim
- The name of the insurance company and agent for any other parties involved in the claim
- Be prepared. Follow these tips for faster settlement when you have a claim.
- Keep records of major insured items
- Establish an inventory of your possessions and update it annually
- Videotape or photograph possessions
- Be prepared to provide copies of your records to claims representative.